Data Privacy Awareness for IEEE SA Activities
All volunteers, contractors, and IEEE staff are required to properly collect, access, use, share, maintain, and dispose of personal information to safeguard the privacy of individuals.
Intended to help safeguard you, IEEE, and personal information during your activities as part of your role within the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA), this course addresses specific applications of the principles introduced in IEEE’s data privacy compliance training, Data Privacy and Protection, to IEEE SA activities. Additionally, this course contains suggested measures to take for protecting personal information while performing duties in your role with IEEE SA.
What you will learn:
- Module 01 Data Privacy and Data Security—Identify Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information and understand why each must be protected.
- Module 02 IEEE Data Privacy Policies—Familiarize yourself with IEEE policies and procedures for the use and disclosure of Personal Information.
- Module 03 Collecting Personal Information—Understand the policies and procedures and recognize IEEE Data Users' responsibilities in the collection of Personal Information.
- Module 04 Data Privacy Compliance: Systems and Tools—Introduction to the tools that help ensure compliance with IEEE Data Privacy policies and procedures.
- End-of-Course Assessment—A series of data security scenarios, followed by a series of questions related to each scenario. Apply what you have learned about IEEE SA policies, procedures, and recommended practices in the completion of the assessment.
Who should attend: IEEE SA Officers, volunteers, IEEE SA staff, contractors; anyone required to properly collect, access, use, share, maintain, and dispose of personal information or entrusted to safeguard the privacy of individuals as part of your role within the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA)
Publication Year: 2022