Digital Transformation: Game-Changing Opportunities
More and more, the economic value of products and services is shifting from physical objects to data and software—from atoms to bits. This is the Digital Transformation. It has already re-shaped markets, and its impact will only increase over the coming decades. Prepare your company and your career for the new environment. Understand how economics and technology innovation interact to upend markets and change the shapes of organizations and industries. See how technology ecosystems evolve, and how data from an increasingly digital world becomes knowledge…and how knowledge becomes market advantage.
- Module 1: Four Cornerstone Opportunities in Communication
- Module 2: Five Major Opportunities in IT and Manufacturing...and a Warning
- Module 3: Six Targets for Digital Transformation in Industry, Agriculture, and Energy
- Module 4: Five Targets for Digital Transformation in Healthcare, Finance, and Education
What you will learn:
- Examine Six Key Enabling Technologies
- Understand the Cloud, IT Security and the IOT
- Review industry 4.0 and Digital Cities
- Discuss Digital Agriculture, Smart Grid and Healthcare
This course is part of the following course program:
Digital Transformation: Moving Toward a Digital Society
Courses included in this program:
Dr. Roberto Saracco is a senior member of IEEE, Co-chair of IEEE Digital Reality Initiative, and leader of the Future Directions Committee’s Industry Advisory Board. He is a distinguished lecturer at IEEE as well as being a lecturer at the University of Trento. He is the former president of the European Institute of Technology’s Information and Communications Technology program, recently renamed EIT Digital, which is EU’s “leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organization driving Europe's digital transformation.” He is a prominent proponent of digital transformation and speaks often on the Internet of Things, wearable technology, the development of “digital twins,” and other leading-edge topics in technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, and society. He authored more than 200 papers and 14 books on these matters in addition to publishing the IEEE Future Directions Blog daily.
Publication Year: 2021